Octopus Initiative Launch Party
Usually, when you’re in a museum you only get to look at art, but we wanted to change all that. We wanted people to not only have the ability to look at the art on the walls but have the chance to hang that art up in their own homes and LIVE WITH IT. Radical, we know. But we believe in the power of art. Its ability to inspire, challenge, and enrich lives.
So that's why we dreamed up this weirdly named thing called the Octopus Initiative, a FREE civic lending art library that will put art in the hands of many, a program that will reach out to the community with many arms, and give any Denver Metro person a chance to live with a piece of artwork for ten months to delight in the power of art. And it’s not just any art. It’s art we’ve commissioned from Denver’s leading artists.
We asked our first six commissioned artists to each create 25 unique pieces of two-dimensional works under the size of 16x20.” The artists are:
To celebrate the launch of this brand new INITIATIVE we want to invite you to join us see the brand new library space in the museum, meet the participating artists, and of course, browse the art and sign up for the lottery to win a piece of art for your home.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE LAUNCH PARTY:
- It will be Penny Admission from 4–9PM so come anytime between then!
- Any Denver Metro resident can sign up to enter the lottery
- Gallery attendants will be roaming the library to help people sign up and enter the lottery and give you the details of how it works
- Guests can hang out and chat with the artists as you explore their works
- Last but definitely not least, the first 100 visitors (who are 21+) through the door between 4–9PM will receive a free beer, graciously donated by Ratio Beerworks