DRAWN TO GLAMOUR, FASHION ILLUSTRATIONS BY JIM HOWARD
Drawn to Glamour: Fashion Illustrations by Jim Howard presents the award-winning editorial work by artist Jim Howard, a well-respected member of Denver’s fashion community.
More than 100 works on paper showcase Howard’s four-decade fashion illustration career, starting with his early advertising campaigns for Neiman Marcus in the late 1950s, and through the ‘70s and ‘80s when the fashion illustration industry was at its height. The exhibition offers a nostalgic look at fashion trends set by top ready-to-wear designers, high-end fashion retailers, and cosmetic companies.
In addition, Drawn to Glamour features eight looks from the Denver Art Museum’s fashion collection and four men’s silhouettes on loan from private lenders that capture the essence of some of the most iconic trends of the late ’50s to the early ’80s.
CultureHaus is ecstatic to announce a special opportunity to hear about the exhibition from the artist himself! Listen to Jane Burke, Senior Curatorial Assistant, interview the artist, Jim Howard, about his illustrations and career before you soak up the exhibition at your own pace.The event is free for CultureHaus members and one guest. CultureHaus is hosting a happy hour before the event starting at 5:30pm at Cap City Tavern, 1247 Bannock St, Denver, CO 80204. We'll head over to the DAM at 6:30pm for the interview and exhibition tour. DAM will be open for the event at 6:30pm. Interview to take place at 7pm. Space is limited, so be sure to RSVP. We look forward to seeing you!
- Date: Wednesday, April 04, 2018
- Location: Denver Art Museum, Hamilton Building, Level 2 (map)
- Parking: Street parking is available
- Time: 5:30 pm-6:30 pm: Happy Hour at neighboring bar, Cap City Tavern, 1247 Bannock St, Denver, CO 80204. DAM and exhibition open at 6:30pm. 7pm Join Jane Burke, Senior Curatorial Assistant, in the department of textile art and fashion to interview the artist, Jim Howard. Participants to tour the exhibition on their own after the interview. Jane and Jim will be available for questions throughout the night. Event ends at 8:00pm.
- Cost: Free for CultureHaus Members and one Guest.
- RSVP: https://tickets.denverartmuseum.org/DateSelection.aspx?item=1896